“I LOVE YOU.” NOT ENOUGH


Hey Babies!



“I love you.”
It’s one of the most sought after phrases in the world. The things people will do to hear someone say, “I love you” have surprised us in countless stories, movies and songs. The things people will do for someone who loves them are equally as astounding.
Why do we love hearing, “I love you” so much? Maybe its the promise of holding a place in someone’s heart, or the awakening knowledge of a new significance you hold in someone’s life. Often it’s the phrase expressed before a relationship takes it’s next step, the expression that one is loved for all their silly quirks, for their looks, for their heart, or for who they are (the good, the bad, and the imperfection). People thrive off that idea, that they are enough, that they are someone’s everything.
We love to be loved.
So why then is love such a complicated thing? Why do people who say they love each other split? Why do marriages end? Why are love songs sometimes sad? Why do broken hearts exist? How can a person who was once your everything, become a stranger, or even an enemy?
Is it because love is ultimately bad? Or even a fleeting feeling, that only some people are lucky enough to experience forever?
I learned from my observation to people that love isn’t always enough. You need more than love to make a relationship work. Love starts many great romances, but love alone won’t make a relationship last forever.
I think that there are six phrases are  important, and possibly more important than “I love you.” Phrases that I think we should all hear from those we are close to. Phrases that should be as important to us as a declaration of love.  
1. “I forgive you.”
2. “I’ll sacrifice for you.”
3. “I respect you.”
4. “I’ll support you.”
5. “I’ll protect you.”
6. “I’m committed to you.”
If you love someone, all these things will be part of that love. That someone who loves you automatically sacrifices for you, respects you, forgives you, supports you, protects you and is committed to you.
LOVE YOU ALL 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.